After a trip around the local charity stores I came home...
....feeling vintage with lace and roses for inspiration!
After a mammoth push to get the basics in our house completed, floors tiled and curtains up, now I want to look at cushions and throws and some lovely old fashioned pictures. I had sometime this afternoon and also over the weekend to work on a few crafty projects for Christmas with my finds...very exciting. So here is my starting point and I'll tell you on Sunday what I have made?
Here is where today's inspiration has come from...
Old fashioned lace for an old fashioned girl
Our first find was these gorgeous lace, well Mummy found it as baby was sleeping. It looks hand made and very delicate. After my trip to the crafty studios at Banks Mill Studios in Derby( http://banks-mill.evolvederby.co.uk/ ) and speaking to hand lace designers I had to buy them. They were being sold as dollies for a table set but they have a heir loom quality and look just beautiful. So, after a wash and press they are now ready. Have a look in your local charity shop, all these cost me £1. I want to go back and buy the rest!After our first find we went to another shop and bought some very usual vintage crocheted sofa arm covers in cream linen and cream crochet trims. Gorgeous and practical for a baby with sticky fingers! I also bought a mohair throw in golds and cream to make into a cushion. A treasure of old fashioned finds and something to get me inspired.
Soft Pink Roses...
I love roses, ever since I was a little girl I have loved roses. Now it is winter, roses are in the home not in the garden but I took these picture this lunch time in my front window. They remind me of my wedding day and are inspiration for my weekend of making!