Day 6 Handmade Christmas Stocking
With so many presents for our little ones, we need some quick to make Christmas stockings.
You will need some heavy sacking or hessian fabric. I cut a pattern around a sock from the sock draw and then blew it up on the photocopier to the desired size and then shaped it to make it perfect to your taste.
Then in a cream calico fabric I cut a header for both the front and the back and a small hanger. As the stocking is so heavy I decided to over lock around the edge twice and trim. I then added the cream calico header and over locked it across the top and up the sides twice. The small tag was then looped over and stitched.
The blank stocking is great now for adding an embellishment either print on with fabric paints and stamps or embroider a babies name or applique a small design. This stocking for now is going to be plain and simple but coming up to Christmas I have another project up my sleeve!
Enjoy stitching away, so simple and for a beginner a great handmade project!
