Sunday, 30 December 2012

Old Fashioned Beads & Button Card

Sometime You Get Inspired Out of The Blue....

For Me It Was Dropping My Button Box...

 After picking up the beads and buttons I have collected over the years, I looked at my glut and thought how many stories each little salvaged button had.

I never throw a button or fastening away, instead I cut them off and keep them in a box, which over time has grown in size. Their are buttons there that I had on my clothes when I was young and ones that I was given when we cleared out my Grandmother house. I just adore the stories that each one has.

For a very special birthday, I took a handful of buttons and beads and scattered them over a high quality textured card. I took the larger pearls first and laid these over a piece of printed card and my starting point. From there I filled in the spaces with smaller buttons and beads to create a scattered look from one corner to the other.

 
Really simple and so special to have those buttons on show and not in a box. Telling a story and being a keepsake as well.
 
Let me know how you show your old buttons and beads.